What is Stomach Ache?
Stomach ache  can vary widely in term of severity from slightly uncomfortable to even extremely painful. However, if it is attended in time, stomach ache is not usually a serious issue.
Stomach ache is often accompanied by diarrhea that is you will pass stools which are watery and loose.
What causes Stomach Ache?
Stomach ache can be triggered from various factors from food poisoning, allergic reaction, infection, overeating, stress, motion sickness, drinking excessively to the side effects of some particular medication, pregnancy or gastrointestinal disease.
What are the symptoms of Stomach Ache?
There are numerous symptoms that indicate that your stomach is aching such as cramps, vomiting, nausea, chills, heartburn, abdominal bloating as well as watery stools.
Here are the top 10 most recommended home remedies for stomach ache which you can immediately apply in order to stop the stomach ache as well as prevent its symptoms from getting severe.
1. Ginger – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
The first ingredient from the home remedies for stomach ache is none other than ginger. With antibacterial and antifungal effects, you will not need to worry about indigestion, pain as well as loose stools. Furthermore, use ginger will even help you ease the intestinal tract.
- Put ½ tsp of dry powder from ginger into some buttermilk and mix together. Ingest for 3 – 4 times per day in 2 days. Also you might put in some asafetida for better effect.
- Put some ginger slices into some water and boil for about 10 minutes. After cooling down, ingest that tea for couples of time per day.
Note: If you are having high blood pressure, you should avoid applying this tip.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
Within the home remedies for stomach ache, apple cider vinegar is considered the top ingredient due to its high concentration of pectin that is capable of relieving nausea and irritation in the stomach. Moreover, the acidic nature can help you normalize the process of stomach.
- Put a tsp of apple cider vinegar into some water.
- Put in some honey for improving the taste.
- Ingest together with meal.
The stomach ache can also come from a bacterial infection called bacterial vaginosis which occurs at the vaginal area. However, with the use of apple cider vinegar, not only the stomach ache can be alleviate, but also the infection will be cleared effectively as well. You can find out more about this infection and the benefits of apple cider vinegar here: Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis.
3. Yogurt – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
This ingredient is a brilliant treatment from the home remedies for stomach ache. However, you cannot just use any yogurt. It is suggested to use the one which contains live cultures of bacteria such as bifidobacterium and lactobacillus.
Those bacteria will help you balance out the levels of positive bacteria inside the intestines, thus improve the healing and cure such symptoms as diarrhea and indigestion.
You just need to ingest 2 – 3 cups of yogurt every day. Also you might include some slices of apple or banana for better taste and effect.
Having yogurt can help you not only fight against stomach ache but also oral thrush rather efficiently. If you like to know more about oral thrush as well as how to use yogurt effectively as the treatment, you can find it here: Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
4. Banana – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
This fruit is acknowledged as the most beneficial fruit within the home remedies for stomach ache. Such problems as loose stools and indigestion can cure easily by banana as it is digestible and capable of absorbing excessive acid inside the stomach.
Moreover, the high level of pectin will even make the stools become more solid. With potassium, banana will replenish the lost electrolytes from diarrhea.
- Put a mashed banana into some buttermilk and ingest for 2 – 3 times every day in couple of day.
- Put a mashed banana into the bowl together with some pulp of tamarind and a bit of salt. Ingest that mixture twice every day in couple of day.
Only few people know about another brilliant benefit of banana which is fixing the damaged hair rather efficiently. For more information about banana and its benefits for damaged hair, please read here: Home Remedies For Damaged Hair.
5. Mint – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
This herb is believed to be excellent at alleviating indigestion as well as nausea. With antispasmodic and antibacterial effects, stomach ache is longer a concern. Moreover, the phytonutrients and antioxidants from mint can boost up your digestion and encourage bile flow.
- Extract some juice from some fresh mint leaves. Put in a tsp each of lime juice and honey then mix together. Ingest that mixture for twice every day in 2 – 3 days.
- Also you can put a tsp of dried mint leaves into some water and boil. After steeping for about 10 minutes, have it strained. Ingest that tea for couples of time per day.
6. Fenugreek Seed – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
You cannot leave this seed out of the home remedies for stomach ache as it is extremely effective when it comes to stomach ache by gastritis. With high level of mucilage, fenugreek will make the stool bulk up and bring instant relief.
- Ingest a tsp of the powder from fenugreek seed together with a tbsp of yogurt for 2 – 3 times per day.
- Also put 1 – 2 tsp of powder from fenugreek seed into some water and ingest twice every day in 2 – 3 days.
Using fenugreek seed will also help you achieve a beautiful thicker hair besides treating your stomach ache. You can find out more about that amazing benefit of fenugreek seed here: How To Get Thicker Hair Naturally.
7. Cumin Seed – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
This spice can efficient soothe the stomach ache as well as other gastrointestinal issues. It is capable of inhibiting smooth contraction of the muscles, thus ease the stomach. Additionally, it can improve the digestion through stimulating secretion of enzyme. That is the reason why cumin seed is included in the home remedies for stomach ache.
- Put a tsp of cumin seeds into some water and boil for about 5 minutes. Then ingest that water warmly and regularly for 1 – 2 days.
- Put ½ tsp of roasted cumin seeds into some buttermilk together with a bit of black salt. Ingest that mixture for 2 – 3 days.
- Also you can put ¼ tsp of powder from roasted cumin seed into ½ tsp of honey then ingest that mixture for 3 – 4 times per day.
8. Chamomile – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
Containing various positive effects such as antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory, chamomile can remarkably ease the muscle lining in the digestive tract. Chamomile can even soothe the upset digestive system efficiently which is why chamomile is often recommended as one of the simplest treatment from the home remedies for stomach ache.
- Put a tsp each of flowers from chamomile and leaves from mint into some water then boil for 15 minutes.
- After straining, put in a tsp of honey and ingest for 3 times per day.
9. Cinnamon – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
Cinnamon possesses the carminative effect which is essential within the home remedies for stomach ache. It can help you encourage the digestive system to process in normal manner, thus ease the stomach ache.
- Prepare some cinnamon tea by putting ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder into some hot water. After steeping for about 5 minutes, ingest slowly for 4 times per day in 2 days.
- Put ½ tsp of cinnamon powder and a tsp of pure honey into some warm water and mix together. Ingest that mixture for 3 times per day in 2 days.
- Also you can put some cinnamon powder onto some butter toast and ingest for couples of time per day in several days.
10. Fennel Seed – Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
The last ingredient from the home remedies for stomach ache is the fennel seed. This seed can bring you instant relief from stomach ache and bloating with its antimicrobial, stomachic, carminative as well as antispasmodic effect. Also he the volatile oil form fennel seed can even encourage the secretion of digestive juices.
- Put 2 tsps of fennel seeds into some hot water and steep for about 10 minutes before straining. Ingest that water for 2 – 3 times per day in couples of day.
- Also you can put 1 – 1 ½ tsp of fennel seeds into your mouth and chew after having meals.
Tags: home remedies for stomach ache, how to get rid of stomach ache, natural treatment for stomach ache.